Tuesday, March 25, 2008

so proud

So I just have to sing the praises for my amazing 11 old.  She fell in love with Ballet and has been working very hard at dance class.  She really wanted to try out for the summer intensive.  5 weeks seven hours a day so we went to the audition two weeks ago she danced her heart out and we got the letter today.  She got in.  You have to understand that she has many challenges in her daily life.  she reads at a second grade level on a good day spelling and writing are also really hard for her.  but when she dances none of that matters,when she dances you can see how everything that is hard falls away.  Regardless how I feel about ballet as a dance form  I see how much she benefits from it.  I am so grateful that she has found something that she loves and that she excels at.  I am one proud Mother!

No comments: