Saturday, May 3, 2008

Birthday

Today I turn 41.  Last year I call the City arborist ( the tree guy) about getting a tree planted in  our green belt in front of our house.  We have this program in the city where the city will plant a tree for you and you get to take care of it.  anyway, when I talked with him he said that the green belt was not wide enough to support a tree's roots system.  So I pretty much gave up on the city giving us a tree.  I have two flower gardens in the green belt and a raised bed veggie garden in our yard, Well I guess the all powerful city guy decided that the green belt was wide enough because when we got home last might we had a beautiful elm sapling planting in front of our house.  What a great way to start my Birthday weekend.

 I LOVE this time of year.  I work at a company that is all about gardening.  I love going to work and talking about it with my co worker, and the customers sometimes I Loose sight of what a great Company i do work for.  We get 4 weeks of vacation and sick time.  All of our health insurance is paid for, and most of the time its pretty fun.  I have gotten a new appreciation of the place, Listening to how other working people have it now and how things are only getting worse.  I really am one of the lucky ones.  Did I mention that we are employee owned Co to boot.  

As I move into my 42nd year ART (This could mean a myriad of things, photography, knitting, gardening, ....), family, friends, the ocean These are all things that I want to focus on.  

I feel so thankful for my life and the people in it.  
 
  

4 comments:

Ecletic Woman said...

And I am thankful for you.
I love you very much, happy happy happy birthday.
love,
K

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Film Girl. Sorry I missed it. It was a hectic week.

I'm going to hold you to your pledge to commit yourself to art. That's a great goal.

Kale Girl said...

Thanks dwight, hope Mrs Dwight had a nice b-day as well. So happy to know that you make time to read my blog.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I'm really really late in wishing you a happy birthday... It was a busy weekend at our house, and I was wearing the crab hat most of the time.

We went to the Laumeier Art Fair on Saturday, and I was wishing you guys were with us to share the art.

Your Cuz in the Lou