Monday, March 10, 2008

wasting time

Why do I feel like all I am doing is wasting time.  All i want to do is knit and take photos and spend time at the computer editing them and getting the images just right.  I can start something and then before I know it its like 1 o'clock in the morning and i have to get up for work in like six hours.  I am working on a group of images right now that I can't get out of my mind I think about them all the time.  What I want them to be when I am done fiddling they them.  small little images that you have to get really close to before you can make out what they are.  Little stories inside each frame.  
Then there is always the question will I ever sell anything, as I remind myself( as does my very frugal husband) that photography is an expensive hobby.  For a person like me its seems so self indulgent, which of course it is.  
I think that one of the ways I want to use this blog is just to write whatever and then post a image everyday, something that i am working on.  
here is the first in a series.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think considering photography a hobby is a problem. I think you should consider it your passion, your vision, your gift, your work. That may be the way forward, also is selling it really the point or is creating it the point?

Your sister.

Anonymous said...

Hey Film Girl! I love your blog. I encourage you to follow your dreams. I never had any - or suppressed them if I did. I hope your 'frugal husband' doesn't lose sight of his. For now you both have a BIG responsibility of an 11 year-old daugther, but in 7 or 8 years, she will be ready to leave the nest and fly on her own beautiful wings to pursue her own dreams. You may have to pursue yours slowly until then, but don't let them go! I'm one of your biggest fans. MGK

Anonymous said...

this is so cool tres! what a great role model you are (for evie and more). you're asking the hard questions, following your passions, sticking to your principles. i love it. i love you. did you know i have a mini-blog thru the flynn right now??