Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The snow is gray

As I was walking home from work this afternoon I couldn't help noticing how gross and gray the snow is becoming.  Yes its melting, but the ground below it is all gray and icky I mean YUCK! I mean if you never lived anywhere where you go through what we call up here in Vermont Mud Season, that's the season between Winter and Spring you won't know what I am taking about but if you have well you know exactly what I am saying.  I had this idea which I think I talked about before a series of spring coming which means talking images of the nasty as well as the beautiful, which I guess is all part of life. So maybe I will still explore that idea.  

I made some bean the other day and forgot that if you add salt before the beans are almost done cooking they won't cook or it will take them 2 days to be done.  Well this happened to me and the baked beans we were to have for dinner on Sunday we ate last night instead. 

there are 2 or 3 more images in this series before I move on.     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the grainyness of this photograph. It gives it depth and could be a metaphor for dance itself. I also appreciate the series as a whole, each photo is individualistic. I like that they are not all the same smooth shots.